Friday 9 November 2012

Planning - Roles (who's who)


Once we knew what song we wanted to use, we sat down as a group and decided on who was going to play what role in the planning, production and editing processes.


Director – Amy

Amy will be in charge of pretty much everything - from planning to production. She will assign people jobs and take control of discussions. We decided that Amy would be the best person for this role as it is what she wants to do in her future so this would be a good task for her to take on. Also, she is very eloquent and good when it comes to taking charge.

Producer – Holly

I will be in charge of getting jobs done that the director has asked for. This includes things such as writing up timetables, gathering props for production, keeping all the paperwork safe and organised, and so on. I feel that this is a good job for me as I am a very organised person and like everything to be tabulated. I think that I will do well as the producer and will get everything done that I am assigned.


Editors – Amy, Holly and Jakob

We will all be taking part in the editing of the music video once everything has been filmed. We are all very excited about this process as it could be argued that the editing of a music video is what makes it or breaks it. We feel that all working together on this part will help us to voice opinions and ideas and take on the best ones. This means that everyone is getting a say in how the final product is going to end up. This is important when making everyone feel included in the group and bringing everyone together.

Camera Operator – Amy
 
At first I was going to be the camera operator, but we decided that amy had more skills anad so she should be camera operator. Amy knows what she is doing when it comes to cameras more than myself and Jakob. She believes she can perfect the shots that we invisage and we trust her. As she is director too, it makes sense that she operates the camera as she knows exactly what she wants from the shots. Jakob and I are happy to have Amy take on these two roles as we feel that she is the best suited person for them.

Actors – Holly, Jakob, Natasha and Charlie

At first Amy was going to be the main actress however when we decided that she would be best suited as camera operator, we decided that I would would be taking on the very important role of the artist in our music video. I decided that I would do this as we needed a girl to be the main character as the singer of the song we have chosen is Gabrielle Aplin. Amy couldn't be the actress as she is the camera operator and so I agreed that I would be the actress.

Charlie will be taking on the role of the boyfriend in the couple that are being explored throughout the music video. The couple will consist of Charlie and Natasha. Natasha is a friend of mine, who does drama and performing arts so we thought that she would be perfect for the role. When we asked her she seemed very enthusiastic about it which made us positive that it would work.

Last but not least is Jakob. He will be playing the part of my character's boyfriend whom I break up with, but throughout the video I realise that I am still in love with him. He doesn't make a large appearance, however he is a key role as we have to show me breaking up with him in the cafe at the beginning on the video, and see us getting back together at the end. Jakob has also agreed to be in charge of lighting when he isn't being filmed, which is very important as the lighting has to be perfect for the shot to look right.

1 comment:

  1. I get no sense of any input from Jacob.

    ReplyDelete